- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
The mountain is located within Arusha National Park, Tanzania’s gem. This prime location gives trekkers the chance to spot some of wildlife that inhabits the area. The ascend is quite steep, the route to the summit passes over streams, through parkland, montane forest, a giant heather zone and moorland. The summit is reached by a narrow, barren ridge, which provides stunning views of the Ash Cone lying several thousand feet below in the crater. This 4-day climbing tour is fairly easy and no prior training is required.
Day 1: Arusha to Momella - Mariakamba hut
After breakfast with your lunch pack depart to momella gate. After registration at the gate you will be accompanied by a ranger. On the way you will come across different animals including buffalos grazing. You will also have a good view of mount Kilimanjaro. Overnight will be at Mariakamba Hut. Meal plan full board.
Day 2: Mariakamba hut to Saddle
Enjoy your breakfast and start walking towards the little meru. At this point you will come across beautiful montane forest and different tree species. Dinner and overnight will be taken at saddle hut. Meal plan full board.
Day 3: Saddle hut to Summit to Mariakamba hut
After midnight take light breakfast and start ascending to rhino point which is 3800 m above sea level. You will continue walking to cobra point which is 4350 m above sea level. You will take pictures as a sign of reaching the peak of mount meru. Start descending to saddle hut for brunch then depart to Mariakamba for overnight. Meal plan full board.
Day 4: Mariakamba hut to Momela gate to Arusha
After your breakfast pack and leave to momella gate. This will take you 2-3 hours walking. On arrival to momella gate you will be awarded certificates. Have a lunch at transfer to Arusha for overnight/departure.
• Quality, waterproof mountain tents.
• Professional, experienced, mountain guides.
• All Park fees and Rescue fees.
• All meals while on the Mountain.
• Arrival and Departure transfers.
• Guides, Porters, cook salaries and park fees.
• Mess tents with table and chairs:
• Large portions of fresh, healthy, nutritious food:
• Clean, purified drinking water:
• Sleeping Mattress and pillows.
• Tanzania Visa: $50 per person just upon arrival.
• Personal Expenses (e.g. laundry, telephone, beverages, etc.).
• Optional Tours (short safari, Zanzibar beaches, after your climb etc).
• Tipping and any items of personal nature.